London / Farnborough / Remote
29 Feb 2024
Job posted: 22 January 2024
Main purpose of the role
- Responsible for the day-to-day processing and peer review of pensioner payrolls across multiple clients, in an accurate, compliant and timely manner.
- Associated payroll processing, including the set up and ceasing of pensions in payment, processing changes to pension amounts and payment instructions.
- Provide a timely, reliable, accurate and consistent day to day service to all customers.
- Running and peer review of the full payroll cycle for both monthly and daily (DC) payrolls, including changes in the period, reconciliation, sign-off, and payment. Liaison with and accounting to HMRC for tax, and any other statutory or legislative requirements. Payment of deductions and P45 production.
- Processing and peer review of associated payroll processing, including the set up and ceasing of pensions in payment,processing changes to pension amounts and payment instructions, and liaison with colleagues to resolve queries.
- Processing and peer review of other administrative tasks – for example, pensioner requests and receipt and paymentprocessing, ensuring tasks are completed within contractual timescales.
- Maintain full and accurate administration records for all customers. Ensure accuracy ofwritten and verbal communication.
- Ensure processes and documentation are kept up to date. Challenge procedures to identifyprocess improvements and efficiencies.
- Positively participate in the annual P60 and Pension Increases exercises, and adhoc projects(including new implementations) as required.
- Keep up to date with industry changes affecting pensioner payroll.
- Deputise for and provide support to the Pensioner Payroll Manager as required.
- Knowledge of policies and controls of the ISO 27001 and AAF 01/20, where they can be accessed and followed. Ensure payroll team are compliant with relevant policies.
- Excellent working knowledge of rules and regulations in relation to payroll processing.
- Computer literate and experience with payroll systems.
- Qualified or studying towards a CIPP accreditation.
- Experience of implementing new clients.
- Involvement in new business exercises.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high standard of performance.
- Attention to detail.
- Well organised and has a flexible attitude a flexible attitude to accommodate change.
- Excellent communication skills to explain complex payroll issues.
- Confident decision-maker who understands the impact of decisions made.
Pensioner Payroll Manager
Line manager: Conor Ashby, Scheme Services Manager