London / Farnborough / Remote
29 Feb 2024
Main purpose of the role
The Junior Project Manager is a key member of the Project Management Office (PMO) team and is jointly responsible with the Project Manager for the delivery of projects within the business to support delivering contractual services to members and clients. The Junior Project Manager is also jointly responsible with the Project Manager for delivery of internal business improvement projects.
The nature of assigned projects will vary across a number of different areas within the business: internal business change projects, software development projects, new client implementation projects or client change projects.
The Junior Project Manager will be buddied with a Project Manager and will be jointly responsible all aspects of the Project Manager role:
- Initiation and delivery of projects to time, cost and scope for both internal and external stakeholders. This includes project initiation, planning, monitoring, reporting, risk management and change control.
- Work in partnership and engage actively and positively with internal and external clients and all parts of the business so they have an excellent experience of working on projects with Trafalgar House.
- Support the facilitation and prioritisation of business improvement projects, ensuring deliverables are aligned to business strategy and objectives and realising maximum value for effort.
- Definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Co-ordinating and monitoring internal and external resources to ensure delivery against project objectives, budgets and timescales.
- Organising, managing and leading internal and external project meetings to deliver status reports and project updates to all stakeholders.
- Managing the delivery of projects into live operations that includes engagement, training and acceptance testing as required.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in line with internal PMO principles and procedures, and in compliance with AAF01/20, ISO27001 and other internal and external standards.
- Identifying and recommending additional commercial opportunities that includes post- live projects.
- Ensuring processes and documentation are kept under review and up to date, identifying efficiencies and better ways of working to improve operational efficiency and reduce
- Participate in new business exercises, representing the Company to external prospects and clients as required.
- Deputise for the Lead Project Manager and represent the team as and when
- Experience that demonstrates a sound understanding of occupational pension scheme administration, including some experience in a project team or similar role.
- Strong technical Defined Benefit or Defined Contribution knowledge including current and new developments in the pensions industry and legislation.
- Strong communication and customer service skills, including both client-facing and internal staff at all levels.
- Prior experience of pension projects (scheme events, scheme projects or technical or business change projects).
- Highly computer literate (MS Office especially Excel, Word) and experienced in pension administration systems.
- Good knowledge of system development
- Prior client or project management
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to guide others and effectively pass on knowledge
- Gravitas to work well within a team with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interpret and articulate information effectively
- Pragmatic with a keen eye for detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Personal drive and able to take a proactive and flexible approach
- Logical approach to problem solving, with an understanding of the impact of decisions made
- High level of numeracy and IT literacy
- Good judgement and decision-making skills
- Organisation, planning and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Common sense and personal integrity
Reports to: Lead Project Manager